Beat Diaspora: Beats, Buses, Bricks

an omnivorous take on music of the beat-based variety and the urban spaces that nurture it

Monday, May 07, 2007

LES no estilo FUNK CARIOCA

Sporadic event announcement appear to be Beat Diaspora's life support strategy as of late. Not a very thrilling one, I admit, but a good a time as any to announce that the tickets have been booked and I'll be back in Rio for round two during July and August. With another South American winter criss-crossing the fair green hills of Rio, I promise some serious eyes&ears to the ground. Hold tight, hold tight.

and if you're in the big NYC, drop by the LES for some FUNK. wednesday night, supposedly sweet little spot called Baraza. the night's called Liberation Sound and the rez DJ is a big fan of Brasil-JA connections. I told him to cop MPC's baile-dancehall mixtape and you should too (big ups to Maga Bo for spreading the Rio love worldwide). honestly, we should probably just put that on repeat and call it a night. but expect some Brasil riddims to keep the hip-hop paulista sounding fresh and dub out the harsher ends of the booty bass spectrum.


p.s. debuting "GRS-One" after several other failed iterations. clever or just as bad as what elvis did to chuck berry?

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 5/08/2007 11:28 PM, Blogger m a r i o said...

yo that looks hot as hell. I'm so sad I won't be able to go, I won't be back till Thursday :( I'm sending some friends over tho, make me a CD!

Mario do rio et Paris

 
At 5/13/2007 4:36 AM, Blogger Funkeiro Da Rocinha said...

GRS e VC???

Zezinho

 

Post a Comment

<< Home